• Criminal Property Confiscation Act Objection

Criminal Property Confiscations Act 2000: Applications to a Court to Object to the Confiscation of Property

Under the Criminal Property Confiscations Act 2000, police can make application for the freezing of property, cash, bank accounts and vehicles.

Do not risk the automatic confiscation of assets, a failure to lodge an objection within the prescribed time will result in your assets being automatically confiscated.

The Act allows for the release of funds for legal and/or living expenses from frozen funds. Discuss any freezing order with our team, we can draft and lodge the objection for you and file and serve the Statutory declaration. We can also liaise with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions for the release of funds for the costs of your legal expenses, company and living expenses and even for the payment of rent for you and your family.

Where property is frozen and an objection is lodged within the statutory time frame, upon an acquittal of your matters, the property can be returned to you. The objection also advises of other persons who may have an interest in some or all of the property.

Even if you have no interest in the content of a Freezing notice, if one is served on you, you have obligations including the filing of a Statutory Declaration.

The legislation can be found here: Criminal Property Confiscation Act 2000

Contact either Paul or Nicole today to discuss your matter.

Holmes Criminal Lawyers

Suite 193, Level 1
471 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000

Office: (08) 6331 7800

Paul Mobile: 0487 585 454

Nicole Mobile: 0419 939 508

Email: paul@holmescriminallawyers.com.au